EcodiskTM Filter : what is it?
Ecodisk™ Filter is a unique technology developed by Veolia Water Technologies, thanks to the strong alliance between two subsidiaries; Hydrotech and PMT. That technology formed by a drum filter which is directly on the Ecodisk™ shaft. Pointedly designed for the needs of agressive discharge standards, Ecodisk™ Filter porposes a really low energy comsumption compared to other technologies in the wastewater treatment market.
Its working principle is quite simple but also efficient. In additon to Ecodisk™ system, the main shaft contains a drum filter which is implemented in a seperated compartement.
The biological sludge conducting through the system by gravity is collected on the inner surface of the drum filter where the separation realises. Treated water at the downstream is also used for auto-cleaning of the drum system.
Just like all the produts in the Ecodisk family, the Ecodisk™ Filter has been designed with simplicity of operation in mind. The drumfillter is backwashed without any need for an industrial or drinking water connection.
The Hydrotech pannels covering the drum provide a physical barrier in the treatment line which can also be used to protect a downstream treatment step such as a UV disinfection.
Ecodisk™ Filter can also be fully integrated into a wastewater treatment system by a combination of pretreatment. A minimal screening is suggested to keep big particles. Pretreatment can always be enhanced like anoxic chamber or digester-settler structure.
In operation, the EcodiskTM Filter is silent and odorless. The backwashing of the drum filter pannels is done through nozzles at a pressure of 6 bars. The nozzles are fed by a backwash pump integrated at the outlet of the drum in Ecodisk™ Filter. The sludge is extracted by gravity (no pump).
The avantages of the technology are :
- Low investment costs
- Fully automous continuous treatment
- Constant treated water quality
- Energy efficiency with the rotation of the drum filter by the same motor as the biodiscs
- Integrated industrial water reserve available for the treatment of other equipments on the waste water plant
- Filtration mesh available : 40 µm, 20 µm and 10 µm
Ecodisk™ Filter : examples of installations
Due to the fact that Ecodisk™ Filter offers a complete solution with solid seperation, it is quite often requested by customer as a standard solution. Some of the our references include :
- Ecodisk™ Filter for the Hautecombe abbey, first touristic site of Savoye : treatment capacity of 500 PE and a disk area of 1,900 m2
- Ecodisk™ Filter for the Escapade Hotel on the Ilot Maitre in New-Caledonia (via our distributor Socometra) : treatment for 67 high-end bungalos and a disk a area of 1060 m2
- Ecodisk™ Filter for the Cavitt's Creek Park in Viginia, US : treatment for the park's accomodation facilities and a disk area of 1100 m2
PMT and Veolia provide a turnkey service
Specialised in mobile water treatment units and fixed wastewater treatment plants, Veolia Water Technologies provides public authorities and private customers with ongoing assistance to make the most of Ecodisk™ devices. PMT's engineering teams can provide onsite assistance at any time in France, Germany and anywhere within Europe – whether it’s an emergency repair or routine check.
Elsewhere in the world, PMT's customers can rely on the logistics of Veolia Water Technologies as well as a dense network of distributors, fully trained in the technical specificities of PMT products.
With Ecodisk™, your community or business can finally opt for a complete domestic wastewater treatment solution, which is 100% ecological and economical in terms of maintenance and energy consumption.